Q: Will my medical bills be paid?
A: Under Minnesota Law, your own auto insurance provides a minimum of $20,000.00 for treatment related to an auto accident so long as the treatment is reasonable, necessary and a result of the accident. This includes a wide range of treatment including medical, chiropractic, physical therapy, massage therapy, and even mileage for travel to your appointments.

Q: What about my lost wages from missing work because of my injuries?
A: In addition to the medical payments listed above, there is an additional $20,000 in coverage for wage loss. Your own auto insurance will pay 85% of your lost income that result from injuries suffered in an accident up to a maximum of $500 per week. If you have purchased more than the minimum coverage you may be entitled to a higher weekly maximum.

Q: What if I can't take care of my home because of my injuries?
A: Included in the $20,000 in wage loss benefits listed above is an additional benefit called "Replacement Services". This means that if you are unable to do necessary household tasks such as mowing your lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, cooking, cleaning, or any other household duty, you can hire someone to do it for you. Your insurance company will pay up to $200 per week for household help required as a result of your injuries.

Q: I have heard that people sometimes get settlements for the pain and suffering I am going through. Is that true?
A: If someone else caused your injuries, you may be entitled to financial compensation for what you are going through. In order for you to qualify, you must meet one of the following thresholds:
  • Permanent Injury;
  • Scarring or disfigurement;
  • 60 days of disability;
  • $4,000 in medical treatment excluding diagnostics such as MRIs and X-Rays.
Contact us if you have any other questions regarding the legal services of our law firm. We are conveniently located to clients throughout the seven-country metro area of St. Paul-Minneapolis and serve clients throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin.